Re: Relication strategie..

From: Daniel <delj_at_flash.net>
Date: 26 Jan 2000 15:40:33 EST

Sequences, longs and long raws do not replicate using Oracle's Advanced Replication. You either have to assign sequence number ranges to each server or your a composite primary key i.e. pk (server_id, record_id).

As far as strategies for replication, I have just finished almost 500 pages of reading on the subject. It is not simple to implement and maintain. When building a replication, pay special attention to Oracle's conflict resolution options and how they will behave in your particular database systems. As far as replicating 15 servers in a multiple master replication, I sure hope you have bandwidth. Your network is going to be very busy.

Also, I would stay away from the single master, two phase commit strategy (synchronous replication)unless you are 100% sure about the redundancy of all of the systems and the infrastructure. Any server/network failure will result in halting all replication. Everything stops.

Daniel
Austin, TX