Relication strategie..

From: Gaetan Poitras <gpoitras_at_colt.vpi.hydro.qc.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:52:05 GMT

Hi, If I use asynchronous and bidirectional replication.. Can I replicate sequences ..

Also, wich strategie is the best..
If I have around 30 tables to replicate with maby 3 or 4 of those table have more than 4 transactions by minutes on each site....

Then , I have 15 servers, with 15 databases.. I want all of them replicated bidirectional, so all of them will be up to date..

Should I use one master and 14 others replicate with the master.. It mean that a transaction done in one site will be transfert to the master site, then will be re-transfer to all other 13 site... Or should I do a kind of tree.. with one big master, connect with 3 or 4 "sub-master" and each sub-master are connect with 3 or 4 other sites...

I want to know if there is a better way than the TIMESTAMP way, to resolve replicate conflic when the same row is updated simultanously on different database..? Particuly when you have 15 databases.....

--

- Gaetan Poitras --