Re: access via msaccess

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:18:01 GMT

In article <38886ab0.21712841_at_news.btx.dtag.de>,   him_lommel_at_t-online.de (Andreas Lommel) wrote:
> Yes, I know, thet I don`t have the rights,- but why do I see these
> other tables ???
>
> >In article <388821b7.3027373_at_news.btx.dtag.de>,
> > him_lommel_at_t-online.de (Andreas Lommel) wrote:
> >> Hi there. I have Oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4.0. When I try to access a
> >> database via MS-Access I see several system tables,-
(public.all...,

--
Sounds like you have SELECT on the table that the ODBC driver is querying to present a list of tables. That's not the same as having SELECT on the listed tables. For instance, if I grant you SELECT on DBA_TABLES, you will be able to see a list of every table in the database. Using the typical demo database, I could grant you SELECT on DBA_TABLES, but not on EMP or DEPT. In that case you would be able to see that EMP and DEPT exist, but you would not be able to query them.

Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 07:18:01 CST