Re: SELECT Hints

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:11:25 -0000

The table order is used when you use the rule based optimizer. If the optimizer is set to choose, then it will use the rules based optimizer if no statistics are on the table. If you are using the cost based optimizer, then make sure that all the tables which are affected by the query have been recently analyzed. Analyzing tables is something which need sto be done on a regular basis .