Context Cartrdige server problems

From: Bart Van Rillaer <bart.vanrillaer_at_mediagenix.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:13:05 GMT

Wizards,

I have to use the context cartridge in our application but i have a strange problem.

I have two computers, on the first one i installed oracle (and context) together with the default database (orcl). On this machine i have no problem starting the context server using following syntax:

    ctxsrv80 -user ctxsys/PWD -personality DQML On the other machine i installed oracle with the default database, after a while i installed another database (db1t) and afther another while i installed oracle and prepared the db1t database for use with context. This worked fine. But on this machine I can not use the following syntax:

    ctxsrv80 -user ctxsys/PWD_at_db1t -personality DQML I keep getting the errormessage saying that username and password is wrong. But i can ping the database using :

    tnsping80 db1t
And i can use the user with sql worksheet or sql plus.

Can you give me the reason that this does not work ? Did I do something wrong?

I need this answer rather quickly because i have to install it on different machines.

Thank you

Bart Van Rillaer
Application Engineer Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 05:13:05 CST