Re: Display of system date in oracle.

From: Jesper <gollumNOSPAM_at_image.dk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:18:02 GMT

I bet you are using different settings for NLS_LANG.

The date format NLS_DATE_FORMAT is derrived from the territory and since NLS_LANG is made up of NLS_LANGUAGE, NLS_TERRITORY, and NLS_CHARACTER_SET and the date format for japanese is different than american you will see different settings for NLS_DATE_FORMAT..

What you should do to obtain the same date format is to set NLS_DATE_FORMAT in your client's environment (or in the registry if running on Windoze). Another way (which is more suitable for testing though) is to:

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'DD-MON-RR' Note that RR is preferred to YY (Y2K issue :-).

Cheers,
Jesper