Re: Display of system date in oracle.

From: Tim Cuthbertson <timcuth_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:57:59 GMT

You're probably not going to like this, but this is the way it is:

The server has a parameter setting, NLS_DATE_FORMAT. Each and every client has its own, independent setting of the same parameter.

Therefore, you can either devise your code to be independent of the setting or you can take steps to ensure that the parameter is set consistently across the server and all clients. The latter solution is easier.

In article <0ec4c663.a6f1572d_at_usw-ex0110-076.remarq.com>,   Dhanesh <jdhaneshNOjdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hello friends,
> I have a query regarding sysdate.At my work place I have
> my oracle database on a SUN Solaris machine. And I have
> oracle client installed on my machine. The OS is japanese on
> the server as well as my machine.
> When asked for the sysdate the display format is
> 'YY/MM/DD' at the same time my co-worker who is accessing
> the same database but from a english OS is getting the
> display as 'DD-MON-YY'. Since we both are connecting t the
> same server, why is date displayed in different formats.Does
> the difference in OS make it so.
> It would be helpful if this query is solved.
> Thanks
> Dhanesh
>
> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also
find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 13:57:59 CST