JDBC Connect Error

From: Leonard A. Chiacchia J. <lchiacch_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:45:38 GMT

My previously working connection to Oracle 8.0.5.2 using the JDBC thin clinet driver no longer works. When in JDBC Explorer in JBuilder3, I get an 'error opening database' dialog box with the message 'Descriptor not a socket: no further information'.

I can still connect to Oracle using my ODBC connection so I know that TCPIP services are in tact. The only thing that has changed is that I installed a Web Server just prior but it is no running.

I looked in the on-line help but could not find anything specific to this problem. Can anyone pint me in the right direction?

Len Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 11:45:38 CST