Re: 8/8i weird problems

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:00:38 +0000

In article <38809372_3_at_news1.prserv.net>, John Woods <jwoods_at_usa.capgemini.com> writes
>ORA-600 errors are sometimes caused by block corruption. You
>can use the dbverify utility ("dbv80" or something) on theSYSTEM datafile
>to check for block corruption. This is where the definition for views and
>procedures are stored.

Yes, I should check that, but we have the problem on 27 systems, they probably aren't all corrupt, and I should have said that. Apologies. Try ringing oracle support: "Hello, we have 27 production systems down" and wait for the thud. Most amusing.
>In addition, there is an 8.0.5.2.2 patch out for NT. There may actually be a
>bug fix for this problem. You can read the release notes to find out if
>any bug fixes match it.

OK, thanks for the tip, we need to go 8.0.6 or 8i anyway since I believe 8.0.5 support ends in June, but I'll try and track down the patch. Thanks
Steve Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 12:00:38 CST