Re: Question regarding partial recovery

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:40:43 GMT

I don't think you can do what you are suggesting. If you run a backup at 02:00 and then lose a table at 15:00 - you want to recover the table by recreating the database from backup and then export/import the lost table ?

But the contents of the table will be as at 02:00 and the rest of the database as at 15:00 (ish).

Won't this have the same effect as that you are trying to avoid by having the database in non archive log mode ?

Alex