Re: 8.0.5/Linux Orainst Not Creating DB

From: Doeni <doeni_at_evhr.net>
Date: 07 Jan 2000 19:41:26 +0100

Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu> writes:

> I have oracle installed on linux, no problemo.
>
> 8.0.5 EE
> Redhat 6.0
> 2.2.14
> ran the libc patch and all is good.
>
> I now want orainst to create a simple database for me, but when I tell
> orainst to do so, it reverts to the software installation part of
> orainst and does not go to the create database part of orainst.

That's the expected behaviour.
Whatever you try to do with the installer, you will end up in the 'Software asset manager'. From there you can start the database creation, by selecting RDBMS and PL/SQL in the left windows. Once chosen, press 'Install'.
The software will not be installed, but the installer will create the database and run the required scripts (catalog.sql and catproc.sql)

--
The fundamental aim of King Crimson is to organize anarchy, to utilize

   the latent power of chaos and to allow the varying influences to

	       interact and find their own equilibrium.
                                        -Robert Fripp