Re: Problem with Enterprise Manager and NT SP5

From: <p009074_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 15:58:59 GMT

In article <_pvc4.4522$b5.804653_at_news.itd.umich.edu>,   Alex Popadich <popadich_at_umich.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been running Oracle 8.05 on Windown NT 4, for the last 6 months
> without any problems. I have created a few scheduled jobs within
> Enterprise Manager for regular exports, and daily sql scripts.
Everything
> had been working fine up until this past weekend when I applied
> Microsoft's Service Pack 5 to my NT system. Since the SP5 upgrade,
> Enterprise Manager has been crashing consistantly, when I try to
create a
> new job and submit it for execution.
>
> I believe that the already existing and scheduled jobs are executing
> properly. But if I try to submit a job immediately Enterprise Manager
> crashes.
>
> Has anyone else experienced similar problems. Is there a problem with
SP5
> and Oracle 8.05?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --alex

Hi Alex,

it's a problem of sp5. I had the same problem until i installed the patch that you find on
ftp://support.oracle.de/pub/patches/WinNT/OEM/OEM_1606/oem1606.zip. Should solve your problem.

Good luck!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 09:58:59 CST