ora-01658,unable to create initial extent for segment in table space system

From: Anurag <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 05:09:56 -0800

Hi,
  I was trying to intall jServer in Oracle 8i using the script initjvm.sql, and I got thew follow. error ora-01658,unable to create initial extent for segment in table space system
  Can somebody please tell me what does it mean.I referred the documentation, it says alter the tablespace and add a data file with smaller initial extent.I tried this also but it does not work. help will be appreciated,
regards,
Anurag

PS. also reply at anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com