Re: Changing database name problem

From: Aamer Janjua <janjua_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 13:24:15 +0000

Hi

   You can change the name of the database by making only one change in your create control file script and changing its name in init.ora file .

  You have done one mistake where ypun changed the name in create control file scripts you have to replace reuse with set. so it will look like this

create crontrolfile set database "new name "

 You can try it and it should work.

 Best wishes

  Bye

 Aamer Janjua