cannot extend RBS -- can I commit?

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:36:07 -0800

Hi everyone,

I think we've finally come to the "root cause" of our software upgrade problem that we've been fighting for months (VERY LONG story). It seems the software upgrade that modifies our database is running out of RBS space. The error we're getting is ORA-01562 (Failed to extent rollback segment #) & ORA-01628 (max # extents (121) reached for rollback segment)

My question is -- can I just do some kind of "forced commit" so that it doesn't need all that RBS?

TIA,
Verna Received on Thu Dec 30 1999 - 13:36:07 CST