Re: cannot extend RBS -- can I commit?

From: Jim Brennan <synergz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:14:44 -0500

Depending on how the data migration is being performed you can maybe do more frequent commits.

If it is a script you can review the script and add commit at logical intervals, if data is being installed from an export file set commit=y

You can also grow the rollback segment tablespace for the purpose of this commisioning and then rebuild it after the data is consistent to a better size for normal operation. Suggest you take all but set optimal value for each RBS th be equal to the size of 2 segments, then unused rollback segments will shrink to permit the in use RBS to shrink.

hope this helps

&