Re: Oracle on NT versious UNIX

From: Jim Brennan <synergz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:17:44 -0500

I have been compelled to use NT fro some Oracle 7X and 8X databases. In general I have limited them to decision support rather than OLTP. HPUX has much better support, but part of that is related to server architecture beyonf my control. However test dister recovery completely as follows:

Disaster recovery is much harder on NT, because you have to create an NT service. The steps in NT recovery are. re-install NT
re_install Oracle from the source CD
recover your file system
create an NT service using the commandline propt of oradimXX.exe Re configure the listener, and the TNSNAMES as required start up the database
Recover archived redo logs as required.

In HPUX there is no service to re-create mayooran wrote in message <20b9a238.30fe8ef2_at_usw-ex0110-073.remarq.com>...
>Hi Folks,
>
>I do not wish to start an NT versious UNIX war.
>
>What OS is best to run Oracle. Currently running on
>an Ultra 4000 with Solaris 2.6. An NT consultant is saying
>it is best to run Oracle on an NT platform. I am actually
>looking for pros/cons of the 2 different platforms.
>
>If this is in some FAQ, i apologize.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Mayooran Pooranachandran
>

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful Received on Mon Dec 27 1999 - 11:17:44 CST