Re: Question about full database import

From: Pascal Glauser <glauser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 08:34:12 GMT

Hi Han

we usually make a full-database-export in the form (Oracle 7.3.4): exp73 sys/pw_at_db full=yes file=... consistent=yes

Attention has to be payed with the import: if you have a views A using a view B and A is imported before B, the former will be invalid. For this reason, grants will not be grantet to it. So I recommend to make a log-file from the import and have a quick look at it.

Pascal

In article <83enn4$lun$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   S. Han <shan168_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Deal all,
>
> We are about to export the full database and import it to another
> server. Since export doesn't export SYS schema. My question is: do I
> have to create all users/roles/profiles/schemas in the new database?
>
> Any help will be deeply appreciated!
>
> shan168
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 18 1999 - 02:34:12 CST