Re: Newbie-Limiting rows returned in query

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 07:22:42 GMT

How does oracle impliment this query? Does oracle complete the entire query, then return the first 10 rows, or does it stop scanning the table/index/whatever after the 10s row? Does ALL_ROWS, FIRST_ROWS effect this at all? I would guess know becuase that is just used by the optimizer, but then again, stopping after 10 rows in a optimize type thinggy.