MTS and Java [Was: Load Indicator error]

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 15:40:43 -0800

jmsalvo wrote:

> I have just solved the problem!!!!
>
> Do not use MTS with 8i on Linux. Instead, use a dedicated server...

Are you saying that it is impossible to make MTS work on Linux or just that using a dedicated server instead is a quick and easy workaround for the "Load Indicator" problem?

I've read that Oracle's JVM is part of the MTS architecture. Does this mean that I cannot use Java with Oracle unless MTS is installed?

I'm starting to wonder if I should be using the NT (yuk!) version of Oracle instead.

Greg Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 17:40:43 CST