Re: How to recreate oracle instance services after reinstall of NT ?

From: Richard J Hodgson <rjhodgson_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 23:29:29 +0000

When I trashed my Oracle settings in the registry, I had a similar problem.
ORADIM requires the <-starttype srvd,inst> param to be specified or it only seems to create the OracleService<SID> service not OracleStart<SID>.

If you have lost only one service, you have to use ORADIM -delete -sid <SID> to delete the remaining service before you can create two new ones.

If the services previously existed, a placeholder will (?may) remain in the registry which should be deleted. Goto HKEY LOCAL MACHINE -> SYSTEM
-> CURRENT CONTROL SET -> SERVICES and be brave. Re-boot after you do
this.

best of luck!
tex Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 17:29:29 CST