Help!!! I don't want to echo user password in Oracle 7 on Vax in Pro* C

From: mjl <mjl04133_at_iname.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 00:31:51 -0600

Hello,

I have written a Pro *C program on the VAX operating system.

When a user types in his or her password, I do not want the password to appear on the screen. I can't find any documentation on how to do this at all.

Here is a sample of my code:

   printf("\n\nEnter username: ");
   scanf("%s", username.arr);
   username.len = strlen((char *) username.arr);

   printf("\nEnter password: ");
/* set term/noecho;

   system("noecho"); */
   scanf("%s", password.arr);
   password.len = strlen((char *) password.arr);
/* set term/echo;

   system("noecho"); */
   printf("\n");

Thank you.
Any help would be deeply appreciated. My email address is mjl04133_at_iname.com.

Jenene Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 00:31:51 CST