Re: Oracle vs. SQL Server

From: gab <g_at_notreally.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:00:58 -0800

>Still trying to get any pro's/con's from people with experience on both
>Oracle and SQLServer in a VB environment, running varying size DB's.

Oracle is mature, big, reliable, extremely scalable, and runs on many platforms, from PalmPilot to ????. Changing platforms does not require any code changes (this is a big, big plus). There are many more, but these are the ones I appreciate the most.

SQL Server is smaller, much more limited in scalability, it is still working out the bugs, but the biggest drawback is that it has to run on NT, not exactly stable (don't turn the monitor off!).

gab Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 01:00:58 CST