Re: Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 won't start

From: sysdba <sysdba_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:45:02 +0200

Alex:

OAS 4.0.7 is not supported on NT with SP4, only on SP3. More, OAS 4.0.8 is supported with SP5, but not SP4.
notice that the 4.0.7.1 patch
(ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/internet/NT/oas40710/) WILL solve this problem :BUT, its still NOT supported, even if the patch is install with SP4.

Consider moving to OAS4.0.8 with SP5 or downgrade to SP3. if u only wanna test the OAS, install the patch
and test it.
--
Asaf Shoval
Oracle Israel Support Center

Alex Savitsky <asavicki_at_sprint.ca> wrote in message news:1unY3.344$MM.10457_at_newscontent-01.sprint.ca...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install OAS 4.0.7 on my machine (NT4 Server SP4, Oracle8i
> (8.1.5)). It does install fine, but when I try to start it (no matter if
> using OAS Manager or owsctl utility), it gives the following error (here's
> the complete output from OAS Manager):
>
> Please wait while the command is being processed on host iluvatar ...
> Starting ORB processes...
> Returning filename D:\Oracle\OAS407\orb\admin\.event
> waiting for ORB to be ready...
> ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...
> OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb
> processes can not be started.
>
> When I use owsctl ("owsctl start"), it seem to actually start some of
ORBs -