Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 won't start

From: Alex Savitsky <asavicki_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:22:40 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to install OAS 4.0.7 on my machine (NT4 Server SP4, Oracle8i (8.1.5)). It does install fine, but when I try to start it (no matter if using OAS Manager or owsctl utility), it gives the following error (here's the complete output from OAS Manager):

    Please wait while the command is being processed on host iluvatar ...     Starting ORB processes...
    Returning filename D:\Oracle\OAS407\orb\admin\.event     waiting for ORB to be ready...
    ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...     OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb processes can not be started.

When I use owsctl ("owsctl start"), it seem to actually start some of ORBs - I can tell that because several command windows come on and then disappear, but one window - with process called (something)log40 (don't remember correctly) - stays on for a few minutes, then disappear, and then owsctl drops out with the message that it cannot start ORB. "owsctl start -orb" doesn't work, either.

Oracle service is started, TNS listener is running, too, so does OAS Node Manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Alex Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 19:22:40 CST