Re: Firewalls and SQL*Net

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:01:37 GMT

> I am looking for information on what firewalls support
> Sql*Net traffic, and how the firewall needs to be
> configured to allow this - given that the SQL*Net listener
> dyamically allocates port numbers for dedicated
> connections.

Contact oracle support, there is a document floating around on their support database which discusses firewalls, which ones support sql/net etc.

We had problems with the gauntlet firewall, which as far as i know only has sql/net support on solaris. the idea was then to bypass the firewall for the sql.net traffic, but they could not get that working. which if you do do that there is a problem with performance anyway, eventually we had to put the machine that was accesing the firewall behind the firewall as well.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 06:01:37 CST