Re: removing a datafile

From: Mike Philippens <mphilipp_at_oracle-home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:30:08 GMT

gonagona wrote:
> What is the best way to remove a datafile from a database? I know I
> need to take it offline, remove it physically, and take the database
> online. However, when I check v$datafile, it says the status of the
> file I deleted is RECOVER.

Didn't you forget the (from memory, look it up in the manual) alter database drop datafile 'datafile.ora'; after you put it offline , or after the physical delete ? I know the procedure is a bit tacky, but it should work. Since you only put it offline, the database thinks that there is something wrong with it. Let me know if it works.

Kind regards

Mike Philippens

Mike F.M.Philippens
Oracle-Home