Re: Personal Oracle with windows 98

From: <nmarjovs_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:00:31 GMT

Iīm sorry about the poor explanation. The problem is with Net 8. Every time
I want to make something that involves TCP/IP I get the following system Error message: "The program has performed an illegal operation and it....."
and the program is unloaded. This happened when I try to test a TCP connection using "Oracle Net 8 Easy Config", "Oracle Net 8 assistant" or
"Oracle 8 Navigator".

    I suppose itīs something with windows 98 because I tried all these on a
machine using Windows 95 and it works fine.

thanks

Nicholas

In article <7v9bcn$k47$1_at_ctb-nnrp1.saix.net>,   "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:
> nmarjovs_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7v8hoa$35j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> > I want to use the client part of Personal Oracle Release 8.0.3
under
> >Windows 98 but it does not seem to work. I suppose itīs only
prepared to
> >work under windows 95 and NT. Is there a patch or something I can
use to
> >make it work
>
> Can you be more clear as to what does not work - error messages and
the
> like? I'm running PO8 on Win'95 and it works fine. I would assume
that PO8
> should also work on Win'98. There's little real low level difference
between
> the two - the ip stack is a bit more robust, USB support has been
added and
> so on. Any Win'95 software should (I would think) still work
perfectly under
> Win'88 - ok, ok.. not perfectly. When has anything ever worked
perfectly
> under Windows! But you know what I mean. :-)
>
> regards,
> Billy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 09:00:31 CDT