Re: Personal Oracle with windows 98

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:17:41 +0200

nmarjovs_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7v8hoa$35j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> I want to use the client part of Personal Oracle Release 8.0.3 under
>Windows 98 but it does not seem to work. I suppose itīs only prepared to
>work under windows 95 and NT. Is there a patch or something I can use to
>make it work

Can you be more clear as to what does not work - error messages and the like? I'm running PO8 on Win'95 and it works fine. I would assume that PO8 should also work on Win'98. There's little real low level difference between the two - the ip stack is a bit more robust, USB support has been added and so on. Any Win'95 software should (I would think) still work perfectly under Win'88 - ok, ok.. not perfectly. When has anything ever worked perfectly under Windows! But you know what I mean. :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 06:17:41 CDT