Re: log_archive_duplex_dest and Windows NT

From: sysdba <sysdba_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:14:04 +0200

This is a very common problem on NT.
U can try start the oracle services from Administrator account, but make sure that it got the
"log on as a service" priviledge.
Notice, that as far as i remmeber, its not supported to start oracle with other user than system.

One more thing: please make sure that your customer is aware of the fact that if the network drive
will be unavilable, his database will halt. Nevertheless, he might get performace problem
when accessing the network every redolog switch (meaning, put more then 4 groups of logs to
try avoide the problem)
--
Asaf Shoval
Oracle Israel Support Center