log_archive_duplex_dest and Windows NT

From: Morten Toftgaard Jensen <mtj_at_systemate.dk>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:59:39 +0200

Hi there

We have a customer who wishes to duplex his archive log files over a network connection. However, when we try to start the Oracle service with the following parameters in init.ora:

    log_archive_duplex_dest = j:\ora8serv_backup\archive     log_archive_min_succeed_dest = 1

where the j: drive points to another server, the following error emerges:

SVRMGR> startup
ORA-00256: error occurred in translating archive text string 'j:\ora8serv_backup
\archive'

ORA-09291: sksachk: invalid device specified for archive destination
OSD-04018: Unable to access the specified directory or device.
O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

I guess the problem is that the Oracle services are started as the local system account and that it therefor doesn't have access rights to the network destination. I tried letting the Oracle services log in as another user with administrative rights (also administrator) - but then the services refused to start.

How do I solve this problem in order to duplex the archive log files?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

--
Regards,

Morten Toftgaard Jensen
Systemate A/S
Aalborg, Denmark
mtj_at_systemate.dk Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 04:59:39 CDT