Re: NLS characterset problem (german)

From: <lmarkus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:24:52 GMT

Hi karsten,

sorry,
I tried to set the environment variable under Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 by adding it to Applications\myApp\Configuration\Enviroment Variables but after restarting OAS + Listener, nothing changed. We are primary developing with LiveHTML + Web Application Objects. Are there any other solution tips?

Thanks a lot.

Markus

In article <7v19gj$qc4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> make sure, NLS_LANG is set correctly in your perl environment.
> should be something like German_Germany.weiso8859-1
>
> Karsten
>
> In article <7uv1ce$am7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> lmarkus_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I'm using Oracle 8i (8.1.5) and Oracle Application server4 on NT.
> > my question is the following:
> >
> > how could I correctly extract special german characters using the
> > perl/livehtml cartridge?
> > what do I have to set up?
> > I import data into several tables via SQL Loader.
> > Displaying the rows in SQL+ shows me the correct character
> > representations.
> > In the application otherwise special characters get destroyed.
> >
> > It is quite urgent,
> > thanks for any help!
> >
> > markus
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 06:24:52 CDT