Re: NLS characterset problem (german)

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:54:35 GMT

Hi,

 can you run your perl stuff from a dos-box ?  test your settings there, perhaps the value for NLS_LANG I told you  is not 100% correct.

 there are a couple of things that could go wrong.  your process goes through a view nls-conversions.  check the following:

 nls- environment for sql*loader
 database character set
 NLS_LANG in your sqlplus session
 NLS_LANG in your perl session

 there ara also some views you could look at:

NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS
NLS_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS
NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS (these are o7 names, in 8 their names are at
  least similiar)

 check sql*net / net8, which nls-settings do you have there.  check some other apps like MS Excel/MS Query whether they get it right.

 Unfortunately, I cannot give specific advice for your environment.

Karsten

In article <7v1em2$to6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   lmarkus_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi karsten,
>
> sorry,
> I tried to set the environment variable under Oracle Application
> Server 4.0.7 by adding it to

Applications\myApp\Configuration\Enviroment
> Variables but after restarting OAS + Listener, nothing changed.
> We are primary developing with LiveHTML + Web Application Objects.
> Are there any other solution tips?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Markus
>
> In article <7v19gj$qc4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > make sure, NLS_LANG is set correctly in your perl environment.
> > should be something like German_Germany.weiso8859-1
> >
> > Karsten
> >
> > In article <7uv1ce$am7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > lmarkus_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I'm using Oracle 8i (8.1.5) and Oracle Application server4 on NT.
> > > my question is the following:
> > >
> > > how could I correctly extract special german characters using the
> > > perl/livehtml cartridge?
> > > what do I have to set up?
> > > I import data into several tables via SQL Loader.
> > > Displaying the rows in SQL+ shows me the correct character
> > > representations.
> > > In the application otherwise special characters get destroyed.
> > >
> > > It is quite urgent,
> > > thanks for any help!
> > >
> > > markus
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 08:54:35 CDT