Re: Performance of Oracle Client / Server over a WAN

From: <nigel_tufnel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:48:13 GMT

Alex:

Your best bet is to use MS Terminal Server or Citrix.

I load tested Oracle applications, about 3 years ago, and the traffic they put on the WAN just to log in was horrific. The client ended up dumping the C/s version and staying with the terminal version longer.

Nigel

In article <38133330.3193016_at_news.freeserve.net>,   alex_at_milkey.powernet.co.uk (alex hudghton) wrote:
> Oracle Server 8.0.5 or 8i
> Hardware - RS6000 AIX 4.3
> Application - Client Server
>
> Scenario - Site. with all the users (170) and printers (50), remote
> from the administration centre. Computer room at the administration
> centre - none at the remote site. Problem - where to site the machine?
>
> Anyone have any experience of anything like this in real life. Common
> sense tells me to site the system at the remote site, but politics may
> say otherwise. Any strong case for locating at the administartion
> centre other than cost of network??
>
> Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Oct 24 1999 - 13:48:13 CDT