Re: Oracle access via HTML

From: John F. Keaveney <johnkeaveney_at_targusinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:41:44 -0700

I did some test work using the Oracle Application Server. It is a pretty powerful tool. It is a seperately licensed product from the server. There is a PL/SQL package for creating HTML so you can write stored procedures to execute and format the queries. You also have server-side java, which I didn't get a chance to play with.

You can always do plain cgi or if you are NT you can use IIS ISAPIs or ASPs with your choice of ODBC/ProC/ProC++ or OCI (my favorite).

Thanks,

    John