Renaming an Oracle NT server

From: Michel Gauthier <qgmi1_at_clic.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:07:43 GMT

I've been told that one of our NT Server on which Oracle server 7.3 runs will be renamed, and its NT Domain will changed. Thus, I've been asked about the impacts.

I thought that we'll have to modify the clients tnsnames.ora to reflect the hostname change, that I'll have to modify the listener.ora file on the server to reflect the same change. However, having not a lot of experience with Oracle on NT (I'm used with Oracle on MPE. I guess there no 0.1% who knows that platform...), I wonder if I forgot something. If so, I pleased to know (and possibly other people of this newsgroup too).

TIA Michel Gauthier
Donohue Inc. Received on Tue Oct 19 1999 - 16:07:43 CDT