Re: sql*loader question

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:03:38 GMT

Hi.

 Oracle does not have any data type that corresponds to  DB2's TIMESTAMP.
 Oracle DATE may accept only 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' so  you can not have '.TTTTTT'.
 Either you accept it as VARCHAR2(26) field ( I used it  that way ) or you loose precision ( .TTTTTT ).

 HTH. Michael.

In article <7ugpno$j3p$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   raju_pillai_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Folks, I need help on SQL Loader. I am trying to load an exported file
> from DB2. I exported it to DELIMITED format. Not one of the fields in
> the exported file is a timestamp. When I try to load this file to
Oracle
> its giving me an error. Its not taking the 26 bytes long field.
> I tried giving, date(26) "yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss.tttttt".
> This does'nt work either. How to get around this problem.
> Also, has anyone loaded a db2 table to oracle, if yes, can you please
> tell me the best way to do it. the databases are there in tow
different
> servers though.
>
> Any input is greatly appreciated
>
> Raju
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 19 1999 - 16:03:38 CDT