Re: Renaming an Oracle NT server

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:38:41 GMT

In article <z45P3.30278$j6.321377_at_carnaval.risq.qc.ca>,   "Michel Gauthier" <qgmi1_at_clic.net> wrote:
> I've been told that one of our NT Server on which Oracle server 7.3
runs
> will be renamed, and its NT Domain will changed. Thus, I've been asked
about
> the impacts.
>
> I thought that we'll have to modify the clients tnsnames.ora to
reflect the
> hostname change, that I'll have to modify the listener.ora file on the
> server to reflect the same change. However, having not a lot of
experience
> with Oracle on NT (I'm used with Oracle on MPE. I guess there no 0.1%
who
> knows that platform...), I wonder if I forgot something. If so, I
pleased to
> know (and possibly other people of this newsgroup too).
>
> TIA
>
> Michel Gauthier
> Donohue Inc.

1. Always backup before (files and export).
2. Change the name and then the listener/tns
3. On the clients, just update the the listener/tns with the new
address, . After updating one pc, copy these files to the others and it should work.
5. I've user to work with NT/Oracle with open gateway to the MPE/allbase which is much more difficult to use them MPE/Oracle. So, is it the last time to say 'Hello' to the old MPE ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 01:38:41 CDT