Re: 8.1.5 on RH Linux 6.0 - JRE/JDK problem

From: Erik Diehn <erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:45:58 -0400

"José Luis Rojano" wrote:

> Hi Mark!
>
> Yes, I'm starting to think the same... perhaps the big Bill brother will
> have the last laugh... at least with Oracle. It seems that Oracle isn't
> supporting linux that much as they say in their website! Maybe Linux+Oracle
> is only a marketing experiment or something.

Hear, hear. Oracle has been shipping lemons and calling them production databases.

> After 3 days of stress and hard work trying to get some Oracle instance
> working, i finally got a Oracle instance running.

Just be happy you're not trying to upgrade an existing 8.0 database. In addition to the migration assistant pooping out and half the files having the wrong permissions after the initial install, I can't get my old instance started with the 8.1 server manager (which the migration guide claims I can do if I just get rid of obsolete init.ora parameters.)

Has anyone, ANYONE out there actually successfully upgraded a machine running 8.0 to 8.1.5 (8i) on Linux? If so, *please* contact me and let me know how.

Erik Diehn
erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com - nospamm Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 09:45:58 CDT