Re: 8.1.5 on RH Linux 6.0 - JRE/JDK problem

From: Alex Buell <alex.buell_at_tahallah.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:41:33 +0100

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, José Luis Rojano wrote:

> After 3 days of stress and hard work trying to get some Oracle
> instance working, i finally got a Oracle instance running. I discover
> that dbassist only works with jre117v3 and the installer only works
> with jdk116v5. I also realised thay in spite of what the installer say
> in the installation process (where do you want to put your db files?
> -> My answer: /u02) it doesn't put my db files into /u02 but into
> /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5 dir tree. I also realised that all the
> directories belongs to the "oinstall" group but not the "dba" as they
> say it should be (see pg 4-2 "Verify Database File Security" in the
> Oracle 8i Installation Guide for Linux). The same for the oraenv
> script. If you run this script from a bash shell you get an error like
> "[: integer expression expected before -lt".

This is *exactly* my experience to date. However I didn't have problems with JRE 117v3 apart from the braindeadness in dbassist when placing databases in other mountpoints other than $ORACLE_HOME. :o(

We're still trying to import our older databases into the new server. Grr.

Cheers,
Alex
--

Legalise cannabis today! Got PGP? Ask me for public key.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - updated! Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 12:41:33 CDT