Re: 8.1.5 on RH Linux 6.0 - JRE/JDK problem

From: mark tompkins <tompkins_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:54:41 GMT

Fuzzy,

If the installation works OK, and builds a sample database, then you probably have a working JRE. I haven't installed successfully yet, but others seem to indicate that this is the case.

I work with 8.1.5 at work on NT, so I have a feel for what to expect ;-). Anyhow, go to the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory, and whale away on any of the utilities, such as netasst, or dbassist. That should provide some feedback as to where you stand.

Thanks for your input.

... later

Mark