Re: 8.1.5 on RH Linux 6.0 - JRE/JDK problem

From: Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:15:11 GMT

Mark,

You're not alone. While I don't get the other thread errors you get, as soon as I try running runInstaller, I get a brief spin of the CD, then the error:

"Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background."

There's a brief flash of another window, and then the process hangs.

"Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background." just
sits there in the shell window, doing bugger all.

You've obviously gone into much more detail than me. Any ideas what I might check? I'm installing the 8.1.5.0.0 install on RH6 - I got the Blackdown JRE 1.1.6 v5 as per the notes, and this seems to work well - the symbolic link is fine, but I don't know how to test the jre is actually working.

Ciao
Fuzzy