Re: 8.1.5 on RH Linux 6.0 - JRE/JDK problem

From: mark tompkins <tompkins_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:47:19 GMT

Jose,

Thanks for your input. At least it would appear, I have a workable installation option, just so long as I follow the instructions ;-)

The problem seemed so unlikely, that it really threw me for a loop. I never thought that the jdk could have such major incompatibilities between sub.sub releases. Or that Oracle couldn't dodge them in their coding. I also think that Oracle must be doing some funny business with the JRE, else why do they require the link to usr/local/bin/....?

I'd be barking big time, if I had a little more experience with UNIX. My experience is almost all PC/Microsnot.
I just want to escape from the land of NT, sooooooo bad, but heck, maybe its big bad Bill who's getting the last laugh? ;-)

... later

Mark