Oracle 8i & intermedia & html files

From: Jim Kennedy <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:45:50 -0700

I want to be able to use the Intermedia engine to index some html documents. I would prefer that these documents were not in the database but were external to it (on a disk local to the database).

Does anyone have a simple example of this?

I have been able to get it to work with text stored in a long column, but not any of the following:

  1. Bfile column with pointing to HTML files.
  2. clob column with an html file inserted into it.
  3. Told intermedia that the file was external and the column was the path and file name.

Help please.
Jim Kennedy Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 19:45:50 CDT