Re: Oracle 8i & intermedia & html files

From: <jsoltero_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:18:48 GMT

I'm actuall facing the same issue. I have tried to follow the instructions in the doc which guide through the process of creating a preference but it keeps telling me an invalid framework object "FILE_DATASTORE"... I have checked all environment variables and everything is set.

any help greatly appreciated.

here's the ouput I am getting:

SQL> begin
  2 ctx_ddl.create_preference('mypref', 'FILE_DATASTORE');   3 ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mypref', 'PATH', '/usr/home/javier/docs2k');   4 end;
  5 /
begin
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-10703: invalid framework object FILE_DATASTORE
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.CTX_DDL", line 55
ORA-06512: at line 2

In article <4xvM3.15117$k57.718938_at_news1.teleport.com>,   "Jim Kennedy" <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com> wrote:
> I want to be able to use the Intermedia engine to index some html
documents.
> I would prefer that these documents were not in the database but were
> external to it (on a disk local to the database).
>
> Does anyone have a simple example of this?
>
> I have been able to get it to work with text stored in a long column,
but
> not any of the following:
>
> 1. Bfile column with pointing to HTML files.
> 2. clob column with an html file inserted into it.
> 3. Told intermedia that the file was external and the column was the
path
> and file name.
>
> Help please.
> Jim Kennedy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 03:18:48 CDT