Re: Web DB docs or books?

From: TimKArnold <timkarnold_at_aol.com>
Date: 05 Oct 1999 13:06:12 GMT

There is a book due out Nov 1 - Oracle WebDB Bible. Version 3.0 Beta is to be unveiled at OraWorld and released in Mar. WebDB is not so much development tool, but more app generator. It builds PL/SQL
stored procedures which in turn generates HTML. So you can actually look at the code being built - and if you know PL/SQL you can 'tweak it' to do do whatever you want. The more you know of HTML and PL/SQL the better, but it is not required. The more complicated the app, the less likely WebDB can provide 'off-the-shelf' solution.

Regards,
Tim