Re: help!! how to suspends index work

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 15:07:18 -0500

Since you specified indexes instead of foreign keys, then cascading relationships is not an issue, correct? I don't know any faster method than to delete using the primary key. Without a SQL sample, however, it's anyone's guess if you have other issues. If your rollback management is an issue, you'll need to do this in PL/SQL with frequent commits, of course.

If you're using 7.3 or higher, you may do well to rebuild the indexes first (ALTER INDEX xxx REBUILD... as in the client docs) to ensure they are optimized.

HTH,
Dave