Re: Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 & GLIBC21 ???

From: Linux <linux_at_prima.de>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 22:10:05 +0100

Kovacs Richard schrieb:

> Hi!
>
> I must answer to this as well, cause the one in the therad is not so
> noticable.
>
> I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 (not the EE) on Linux redhat 6.0 using glibc
> 2.1..
>
> I used the glibc path.

My distribution is SuSE 6.2 an they also support the older GLIBC20 in /i486 path but oracle can't running the
re-linked application in installing progress. If i start i.e. the svrmgrl (rebuilded) in an seperate shell (with environment) i response a segmentation fault. In addition i can get any logfile to get further information about the rebuilding process. I have deinstalled the glibc20 and restored an older server builed with SuSE6.1 (glibc20) and start this, oracle works pretty nice. I have watched the Oracle805EE makefile patch. They use also the older GLIBC20 to rebuild the new oracle.
Well, i assume this is a good time to change to RED-HAT instead a further usage of SuSE.
The ORAPATCH is also an older glibc20 installation...but what shiould i do if the next distribution does'nt support this patch ???

I addition, i have also problems with IBM DB/2.