Re: Oracle on a remote file system

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 15:50:56 -0400

This is the new system - the various Oracle products will go in separate Oracle homes. Often each product will have its own tsnames.ora file. You'll have to configure them just as you did for the Oracle server. You may simply be able to copy the one from your Oracle server to your Developer and Designer homes. You may or may not have to stop and start the listener. For designer you'll also need to create a repository in one of your databases. Instructions on installing are on the Oracle dodumentation site.

Van