Oracle on a remote file system

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 19:06:39 +0200

Hi

I'm testing a first time migration from 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 now i have the following problem:

Because don't have enough space left on my HP test machine i decided to use a remote filesystem.

What ever i do i can't seem to get the RDBMS running.

The strange thing is: I did a new 7.3.4 installation the database has been created but when i start svrmgrl the process hangs when the process needs to initialize the server and the pl/sql engine.

I do see that the 2.3.4 svrmgrl starts but right after that the process hangs.
I have seen the processes like dbwr lgwr and stuff running while creating the database so it did work.
Am i forgetting something or wat?

Has anyone got any ideas?

Greetz

John
steenjoh_at_iquip.nl Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 12:06:39 CDT